‘Ham Sandwich Rotating Header Image

More photos from Dram and Avo

It is becoming more clear all the time that I am a glutton for punishment (and good cocktails). Last night, a few of us went back to Dram and Avo and worked our way through more of their respective menus. By the end of the evening, i believe we tried all of the available Avo drinks and had taken a sizable chunk out of Dram’s.

No words tonight. Just pictures. Click through for descriptions.

Has anyone been there yet? If so, what did you think?

Dram - Breakfast for Supper? Dram - Little sliders Dram - Poutine Avo - Pink Lady Avo - Fried Anchovies Avo - Quiche Avo - Interior (2) Avo - Bathroom Avo - Interior Avo - The Yin-Yang Martini

Dan is the producer of ‘Ham Sandwich. He doesn’t typically drink this heavily on Sunday evenings, but he will do anything for his loyal readers. Nearly anything.

10 Comments

1. Elisa M says:

I want to go. with you. let’s make that happen soon. everything looks so yummy!

oh and thanks for taking one for the team and drinking more heavily than usual on a Sunday…you are a giver! 🙂

2. Dan says:

ha. I’m up for it whenever you are!

3. Jason says:

Birmingham gets a whiskey bar and I don’t get an invite?!

4. Jenny Adams says:

Hey Dan,

We don’t know one another, but I really dig your site. And Dram as well. I was there just last night.
    Anyways, i’m a freelance food and beverage journalist living here in town as well … would love to link up!
    shoot me an email.
    ciao
    Jenny

5. Lance says:

God I miss Birmingham. I honestly don’t believe downtown will ever reach “that” level I wish it would, but with wonderful posts like those from your site I’m definitely planning a two day trip back home and have some GREAT places lined up to eat at and some wonderful new out of the way spots to visit. I can’t wait to catch up on your older posts.

Very much appreciated!

Lance

6. Jason says:

Went back to dram to try the food. The $12 burger was nothing special and came with a STALE BUN. Not just a little toasted crisp, but rock-hard like it was frozen and they microwaved it too long. Ugh. Combined with the absolutely abysmal desserts, this place is officially dead to me.

7. elizabeth says:

Is Dram open officially now?

8. Dan says:

it sure is!

9. Leah says:

Ate at Dram last night. Atmosphere was great, but the food has a lot to be desired. Not sure if I would go back. Maybe to have a drink. The menu consisted of greasy and fried foods. Many of “the girls” in our party got a salad and it was a very small portion. Not enough to be a dinner. If you want a burger this is the place or go to 5 Guys for about a quarter of the cost!

10. Dan says:

Thanks Leah, now I’m craving a 5 Guys burger… Which burger did you get?